|Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep|
|Series 3, Episode 2|
"Are You Right There, Father Ted?"
Ted bets the entire heating allowance budget for the year on the King of the Sheep competition on Chris, a sheep who has won several times and is considered a sure thing. Unfortunately, Chris has heard rumours about a sheep-eating beast and isn't feeling at all himself. Chris's owner, Fargo Boyle, begs Ted to help return Chris to his old self. After a week, Ted has successfully returned Chris's spirit. However, Ted finds out that Fargo Boyle arranged for Chris to be frightened by the beast in order to increase the meagre odds being offered for his victory. On the day of the competition, Ted makes a dramatic scene and exposes the whole plot. The two priests leave and Ted is left kicking himself when Dougal points out that, by getting Chris disqualified, Ted has lost the bet and therefore the heating allowance money. In the end, the residents of the parochial house prepare to hibernate for the winter.
- Dermot Morgan as Ted Crilly
- Ardal O'Hanlon as Dougal McGuire
- Frank Kelly as Jack Hackett
- Pauline McLynn as Mrs. Doyle
- Peadar Lamb as Fargo Boyle
- Peter Dineen as Giant Reid
- Pat McGrath as Hud Hastings
- Patrick Drury as John O'Leary
- Rynagh O'Grady as Mary O'Leary
- Eamon Rohan as Judge
- The episode title is a reference to the song 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep' , which was a UK #1 single by the Scottish band Middle of the Road in 1971.